Monday, December 31, 2007

spring with john galliano

I know its a tad early, but I simply cannot contain myself! Since winter has been nothing but dull dull dull in every sense for me thus far, I can't help but discuss Spring 2008! I love seeing bows on the runways of John Galliano and Chanel (heck, the entire thing was wrapped up in one great big bow! Watch the video(s) on the sidebar), because I've simply adored them since baby-doll style made that sweet but brief comeback.





Above are shots from John Galliano's Spring 2008 (RTW) show. Also, notice even on his finest dresses, he put a cardigan on and brought it to a whole new level of chic! Yes, and of course the cardigan is back for another season. I simply couldn't survive without the functionality of a cute sweater to keep me warm; I'm cold a lot. John's designs for both Dior Resort 2008 and Spring 2008 RTW are bold and amazing; but for very different reasons. The Resort collection was bright, colorful, and ornate (as it should be), while the Spring 2008 collection was contrasting black and white, a more subdued display. It was a very different take on spring than the theatrical show he made in his self-named collection. Pearls and frost for Dior, but candy and apples for JG. What can I say? He's a man of many talents.


Dior Spring 2008 Ready to Wear




Dior Resort 2008





His inspirations for the resort-wear were canaries. Inspiring, indeed.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

of course i'll link up. i'm adding you right now. cool blog!

Wendy said...

I adore the gold dress with the bow! I'm excited for spring 2008 also. Great blog!

Unknown said...

I. LOVE. THAT. FIRST. DIOR. DRESS. The last resort one isn't so bad either.

tiana b. said...

I love Galliano. He's effortlessly artistic.