Saturday, December 29, 2007

does karl have amy winehouse on the mind?




What do i see? Coco Rocha's hair transformed into an Amy Winehouse-reminiscent masterpiece? On the other hand, that hair piece is quite chic. thoughts? Chanel's lines have become odder and odder. Firstly, there's the Spring 2008 show with denim galore and only leads me to think of one word: "patriotism," anyone? Almost every garment seemed embelished with blue stars and red stripes with white accents, glitter here and there. Or perhaps Karl's simply digging into the pop culture? What with his rehab-inspired ankle purses; danger-turned-fashionable vibe is what im getting. Check it out yourself.





the Coco Rocha pictures are from Chanel's Pre-Fall 2008 campaign, which also hit the runways.





I see Karl moving into more Marc's grunge territory. Not that Marc minds, I'm sure. I've noted that he's been doing more tailored garments. I also noticed that Karl's making these models dress more like him. Blacks and dark colors, fingerless gloves, and that oddly awesome collar thing he always seems to be wearing. Every female model that graced the runway for the Pre-Fall show displayed their A.W. 'do with pride (with the exception of Agyness Deyn, Portia Freeman, and Freja Beha Erichsen; whose hair looked simply fabulous, I must add). In fact, I must admit, at first I was hesitant to say so, but I really love the hair. Oh, I'm such a sucker for Karl. But aren't we all?

No comments: